Jodie
I agonized yesterday morning. I mean cried agonized. Want to know why? Over where to go to church. There is so much going on in my family right now. We are fine as a family, but we are weathering a few storms together. And the worst part of it all is we recently moved and don't have a church family yet. I miss those hugs from people who just know you. I was privileged to grow up in and attend the same church for the first 23 years of my life. Making new church homes is hard.

But that's not what this is about. (And if the above qualified as whining, then you can ignore it...) When we finally stepped into church this morning, I got slapped with "Amazing Grace" right off the bat. Why, oh why, God, do you always hit me with that one when I'm down? Because I want me to remember, "'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved." Oh yeah. That's why.

Then they hit me with "Your Grace is Enough." I'm starting to get the message, God.

And then? Matt Redman's "You Never Let Go." Oh, God, do You know how embarrassing it is to break down and weep in a room full of strangers? To cry because, no matter what, "even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death," my God is with me and He never lets go? God knew I needed the embrace of the words, "Oh no, you never let go, through the calm and through the storm. Oh now, you never let go, in every high and ever low. Oh no, you never let go. Lord, you never let go of me." No matter what you or I walk through, no matter how far away He seems, he never lets go.

May we be able to say, "And there will be an end to these troubles, but until that day comes, still I will praise you..."

-JB
5 Responses
  1. Jen Says:

    LOVE that song and LOVE how God shows up like that! Sending you virtual hugs and real prayers.... :-)


  2. I wish I could reach out and give you a big hug. I'm continuing to pray for you. You're an amazing woman.


  3. Ginny Hamlin Says:

    That song touches my heart, too. You're so lovable it won't be long before your getting and giving hugs left and right. :)


  4. There truly is nothing like being KNOWN, Jodie. You will find it again in a church family, but it's hard not to miss the old. Praying His grace and love will continue to flood your soul...


  5. Jodie Says:

    You are all amazing. Thanks for the encouragement and the prayers!!!!