Jodie
Love it when God gets a song chasing in my head. This morning, it seems like all I can hear is Chris Tomlin singing "Your Grace is Enough." I read about the feeding of the five thousand today in all four gospels. (That in itself ought to be enough to tell you I was doing my Beth Moore homework!) It got me thinking about how all I need is Jesus. He is my "enough." In fact, only He is enough!

Today, I will type the first words of my next book. I'm a little out of my comfort zone on this one, and I'm not afraid to say that. From the beginning, this one has been different, so that scares me a little. It brings up that insecurity that makes me wonder if I'm good enough for this.

Isn't it "odd" (ha ha) that Beth Moore noted this in the homework I happened to read today:

"Matthew 14:17 records the disciples saying, 'We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish.' Christ then responded in verse 18, 'Bring them here to me.' Beloved, I want you to hear something loud and clear; no matter what your 'only' is, when you bring all of your 'only' to Jesus, it's huge! When we bring Him everything we have, He multiplies it beyond our wildest imagination."

Ah... this is not MY book to write under MY power. It is HIS book to write in HIS power through me. That's certainly something I needed to know today.

When we're feeling ill-equipped to handle any situation... When we're feeling like we lack what it takes to do the job set before us... Let us remember to take our "only" to Him and surrender it so He can make it amazing for His glory!

-JB
0 Responses