Jodie
I did a not-good thing on Sunday. When God spoke to me through an amazing worship song at church, I did not jot down the lyrics or song title so I could look them up later. The past two days, I have googled every combination of the words I can remember, and the song has yet to show up.

At any rate, the message is still clear. The one thing I took away from the song... The one thing that made tears pour out of my eyes and had me feeling the need to curl up in the fetal position on the floor and weep...

My home is God. Not with God. My home is God. Right now, when so many things in my life are up-ended and uncertain, being wrapped up in God's love and hearing that home is Him changed everything. I was overwhelmed by His love for me and by His constant presence. No matter how crazy things get, no matter what or who I do or don't have with me, no matter where I am, as long as God is God, I am home. There will never be a time when I am not home.

If things are out of kilter for you, take a few minutes. Sit at His feet. Revel in being home.

-JB
1 Response
  1. Kimberly Says:

    woman, you are dead on. I wish I could always keep this truth in front of me!