Jodie
The other day I was driving on Fort Benning when I saw my favorite sign. (I wish I had taken a picture of it to remember it by...)

MATERIAL RECLAMATION FACILITY
(Recycling Center)


That thing cracks me up every time, because it is so unnecessarily complicated and very much like the military can be sometimes. Take something easy and make it hard. Why not just say "Recycling Center" and save some paint?

It occurred to me the other day that, when I don't trust God, I am just like that sign. When I try to do it all myself instead of trusting him to handle it, I muck it all up and add all sorts of unnecessary work. Only I'm wasting more than paint when I get crazy.

There are times when I should just take a deep breath and trust that God's going to handle it. Moving is one of those times. He's got my back (and my front and my top and every other side), and He's going to take care of this as long as I am obedient. It's going to go His way. I can trust Him.

And I can quit with the unnecessary stress. That's the best news of all.

-JB
0 Responses