Jodie
You know how you have those days (weeks, months, years...) when you just know you're never going to make it? You look at yourself and your walk and you think, "I'm going backwards. I'm never going to be good enough. I'm never going to succeed. I'm never going to climb the mountain and see God. Where is He anyway? And do I have to give it all to Him and actually trust Him with it? Why can't I just let it go and give it to Him? I'm the worst Christian ever." Or even, "God won't want me. I'll never be good enough to be loved by Him."

And then, along comes somebody who echoes your thoughts.

Sometimes, when I'm praying, I go random on the Praise and Worship playlist on my iPod and I say, "God, what do you want to hear?" Yesterday, when I was feeling almost all of the above, just before I turned off the iPod and got to work (and after hearing Steven Curtis Chapman sing "Dive"--one of my very favorites), I was treated to the Casting Crowns song "Somewhere in the Middle." There's really nothing more to say other than the words of that song. I think God said it all right there.

--JB
1 Response
  1. Jen Says:

    Okay, I probably don't even need to tell you how I've just fallen in love with this song! I like Casting Crowns, but hadn't heard this before.... and yet it's perfect for where I'm at right now. I especially like the part about "reckless abandon wrapped in common sense." That about sums up my next few months, wouldn't you say? :-)