Jodie
I have a to-do list a mile long. Movers will be here next week to pack our stuff, so I need to box up what we are loading into our vehicles. I'm about a third of the way through revising my second novel, so there are scenes waiting for me. A CWG assignment is due on the ninth. Books on craft beckon from beside my reading chair. The grocery store is calling.

And I'm not going to do any of it today. I've been going full-tilt for several weeks now, gearing up for the move, polishing this book, driving all over the country visiting family... Just for today, I'm done.

God made us to take a day of rest. The Sabbath is not about Sunday or church or any of that. It's about rest. For you, rest might be fishing or golf or even mowing the lawn. For me, it's cup of coffee and mindless staring out the window. It's a book I can't wait to dive into. It's a long conversation on the phone with a friend in another state. It's an aimless walk with the dog. That will be my day today. No schedule. No to-do list. No nothing. No work. No guilt. Recharging my batteries.

When was the last time you Sabbathed? Hm?

I have to go now. I think blogging might qualify as work. There will be no work on my Sabbath. Starting... now.

-JB
1 Response
  1. Excellent! Enjoy your day!