Jodie
(Normally, I don't repost but, yesterday, I came across a blog I wrote in August and thought it applied so much to this week and reminded me of so much I'd forgotten, it deserved a second look...)

I write for God. Well, let's be honest here... I try to write for God. Sometimes the big ol' ME gets in the way of the I AM.

I hate when that happens.

But what does it mean to write for God? Well, my new friend Ronie Kendig, said something on the ACFW loop the other day that clicked it all into place for me. She said it so beautifully, I asked her if I could share it here:

"He wanted me to learn to write...simply because HE derives pleasure out of seeing me use the gift He gave. That's it. Not because anyone else will be ministered to(although, I seriously hope so). Not because I'll sell a bazillion copies (please, God?). But because when I write, He wanted me to know that it's like He's sitting in a cozy chair by a fire, listening to the clicking keyboard and just... smiling. Or like when I bought my sons new bikes and thrilled at watching them ride the bikes I gave them. God's up there saying right now, "See? You see her typing and writing? She's using the gift I gave her!"

Wow! Wow, wow, wow! THAT is what it means to write for God! I had always envisioned writing for Him as writing for some unknown someone out there who would be blessed by Him speaking through me. But that would be writing for that unknown someone. Writing for God means, simply, writing for God.

Couple Ronie's incredible description with the idea of success? Well, that changes everything, doesn't it?

JB
0 Responses