Jodie
Over the course of the past few months, I've gotten the chance to know author C. Maggie Woychik. And to know her is to laugh with her. When I got the opportunity to be a part of her blog tour, I jumped at it.

In all seriousness, Maggie Woychik has been published in a number of Christian magazines including War Cry, Young Salvationist, Wesleyan Advocate, Woman's Touch, Christian Women Today, and many others, and has just released her first book through Port Yonder Press. The book, I Run to the Hills: Reflections on the Christian Journey is her freshman attempt at essays based on her spiritual journey, and it's garnering positive reviews. Try it, you might just like it. You can find it on Amazon.



We decided to offer something a little different here. You can visit other stops on the tour for the "serious" stuff, but we decided to have a little fun. Hope you enjoy the humor, and be sure to check out the book! It's more serious than this interview, I promise.


How did you come to be a writer?
Well, it began at an early age. A teacher put a pen in my hand and said, "Write!" :)


How long have you been writing and when was your first book published?
I've been writing since the first "a" (see previous question).


Can you give us one “do” and one “don’t” for those aspiring to be a writer?
"Do" watch and listen to teacher (though neither may be easy to do); "Don't" pass notes in class or stick your gum under your desk -- never know when you'll raise a knee and be wearing that gum.


What is a typical writing day like for you?
Pen in hand, I sit. Page on desk, it sits. With great determination, much effort, and a little prayer, the two may eventually commune.


What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?
It infinitely builds your self-esteem to be able to sign instead of "x" your name on a document.

What is the best lesson you have learned from another writer?
How to draw a pretty decent cow.

Tell us about your latest book. It is holding up "More Than A Carpenter" and leaning against "The Collected Works of C. S. Lewis".

What did you learn while writing this book? That I didn't listen to teacher nearly enough; that though I pretend not to care what others think, I really do; and that though it's exhilarating to have a book on Amazon and store shelves, I never expected to age as much as I did in the process.


How can readers get in contact with you?
I really like the concept of passenger pigeon, but since few of you probably keep them on hand anymore, I suppose you can use cmaggiewoychik@yahoo.com. If you want a glimpse of what $60/yr buys, you can visit my website. But if you want something a little more interesting, visit the Encouraging Emerging Authors blog. Look forward to "swappin' howdy's"!
7 Responses
  1. Oh, my, Jodie. Did we really do that? I mean, such silliness. Oh, my. (Wasn't it a blast?!!!)


  2. Nina Hansen Says:

    Haha!!!!! I laughed so hard! Great interview!


  3. K.M. Weiland Says:

    That drawing of cows - that's important stuff! Just cracked your book open last night. Looking forward to really delving into it!


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks, Jodie and Maggie! What a fun post!


  5. Tony Lavoie Says:

    Maggie, I REALLY think you need a vacation. :)

    Funny stuff! I applaud you both!


  6. Thanks, everyone, for stopping by. You're always welcome to make stops with me on my blog tour! But we'll have tea together next time.... :) Thanks, Jodie, for having me!


  7. Jodie Says:

    Thanks for having fun with me, Maggie! And thanks to all who commented. It's been fun this week!